Friday, November 21, 2008

Magnetic Magic


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm pleased to say that I have a few of L'Oreal's new Star Magnet colors on their way to me from Finland - they began their journey yesterday.  Nail polish ain't cheap outside the US, so I had to select only three of the available colors - I chose Purple, Prune, and Silver.  The ones I'm missing out on are Red, Grey, and Chocolate.

The special property that all of these polishes possess is that the polish is iron based, and they come with a little magnet.  When the magnet is held up to the the nail, the polish creates a star pattern on the nail.  This is the same principle as last year's Lancome Le Magnetique, which came in only one color, was more expensive, and is super tiny.  In anticipation of the arrival of my new pretties, I took out my Le Magnetique and used it.

The way it works is that I applied one coat normally, then for the second coat, applied polish to to a nail, held the magnet up to it for about five seconds, and repeated that process for the remaining nine nails.  For the pattern to be centered, nails have to be much shorter than mine, but for me it created a pattern pretty well centered on the free edge of my nails.  This is what the finished manicure looks like:





I love the effect, and am really fired up about receiving the three that are on their way to me.  As soon as they arrive, I'll show them to you.  The only (big) down side to them is that they've only been spotted, as far as I know, in Sweden and Finland, so they're well into the "hard-to-find" category.  I am fortunate enough to be blessed with an online friend from Finland who procured them for me.

Speaking of hard-to-find, this month's giveaway!  I managed to get my hot little hands on a brand new bottle of China Glaze's Moonpool for you, Dear Reader, and will be taking entries for a random drawing for two weeks.   We'll find out on December 4th who the winner is.  Your name will show as you enter it on the form (so you don't have to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to contact you if you're the winner.  If you haven't put your name in the hat yet, please do!


 

That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment