Monday, December 5, 2011

Konad m85 & m84

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Last night I realized I simply wasn't up for scrape-y edges of my failed Sweet Tart-an manicure poking me, so I changed it and called that one an expensive waste.

This week is a big one because it's the last week of the semester before finals.  Yes, semester and finals - after the professional ethics debacle last spring, I decided I needed to get some letters after my name to prevent that in the future and started grad school full time in August.  I have a nightmarish project to muscle through this week to keep my A in the only class where there's a question mark about an A, and a fun mani seemed like a much better choice than an annoying one that's constantly poking me for that.

My ultimate "I'm in no mood..." color is Essie Punchy Pink, and I applied three coats last night.  I was horrified to discover that the remaining polish in the bottle is right at the bottom "e," so maybe two manicures left.  Still, I recalled driving on the highway to face my ex's ridiculous lawsuit against me two years ago, with him being a lawyer represented by a lawyer and me showing up alone hoping for the best, having a truck driver playing aggression games on the highway at about 6:00 a.m., halfway through the drive, and just how truly satisfying it was to flip him off with an Punchy Pink and black Konad mani.  That sealed the deal no matter how precious the remaining drops are, and I stamped it in Konad Black Pearl this morning.

On my tips, I used the interconnected rings pattern from Konad plate m85, which is a full nail pattern, but being open it lends itself to use as a tip pattern.  That went on all nails, and on my my left ring finger I added the lips pattern from Konad plate m85, sort of a nice little póg mo thóin touch.  The result is a bright fun manicure that makes me giggle, so it fits the bill perfectly.  Protect your retinas, because here's Punchy Pink.

Konad m85 and m84
Konad m85 with m84 over Essie Punchy Pink Nail Polish

In person, it's brighter - Punchy Pink is the single most retina-searing neon pink I've ever used, and that's one of the reasons I love it.

I'm off to dig into my last nightmarish project for the semester, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment