Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes!

I was bored yesterday & really unmotivated to do any work so I thought I'd bake some cupcakes! I took pictures so I thought I'd share the recipe because its really simple (& im bored lol). So if you wanna make these babies read on!
Its important to get the measurements right if you want your cupcakes to taste good so make sure you have some scales. I got mine from Tescos & it was only like a fiver :D
You will need: Self-raising Flour, Caster Sugar, Icing Sugar, Butter & Cupcake Cases. Decoration, Food Colouring & Vanilla Extract are optional! I also had chocolate fudge because I was gonna use this instead of icing but I chose icing in the end.
So for the cupcake mixture you will need: Self-raising flour (100g), Caster sugar (100g), Butter (100g) and 2 eggs. This will make 12 cupcakes so if you wanna make 6 then just halve the ingredients (50,50,50,1) or if you want to make 18 (150,150,150,3) and so on. After you have this ready preheat the oven to 180°C.
Firstly you will need to beat the butter and caster sugar until its light and fluffy, then add the eggs one by one, after you mixed it up it will look very runny and nasty but its ok! then if you want you can add 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla essence and lastly add the self-raising flour. Make sure you mix it up carefully until it looks like the picture above.
Next you need to place the cupcake cases in a cupcake tin & evenly distribute the mixture, do this carefully and make sure its not all over the edges, then pop them in the oven.
They will take about 10-20mins, make sure you check them every now & then. After 10mins use a skewer to poke them all the way through, if it comes out clean then they are done, if not leave them for another 5mins then check again & so on. Once they're done make sure you let them cool down before you decorate them!
Whilst you're waiting for your cupcakes to bake you can make the icing! I chose to make buttercream instead but beware, its very sweet! I used butter (75g), icing sugar (175g), vanilla essence (1/2 teaspoon, optional), this is more than enough for 12 cupcakes but it depends on how you want to decorate them. Mix these up until its smooth, you can also add food colouring if you want, I added some red food colouring (its orange because the buttercream is yellow). Start off by softening the butter then adding the icing sugar in small amounts to make it easier. This is now ready for your cupcakes! Once the cupcakes have cooled down decorate them however you like & voila!
They're supposed to be hearts btw, they're bent i know T__T. I ordered a giant cupcake mould & some piping tools so can't wait for those to arrive :D If you decide to make some cupcakes make sure you show me some pictures! 

Thanks for reading, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment