Friday, February 11, 2011

My Fav Products!

Someone asked me to do a post about some beauty recommendations so I thought I'd share some of my fav products, sorry its a bit late!
1) Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner.  
This is by far my fav eyeliner, I prefer gel liners because they're easier to work with than liquid liner & longer lasting than pencil liners. I use this on top of a primer & it lasts all day! Its not cheap but the pot lasts a long time, I've been using this for ages & I'm on my 3rd pot so I hope that shows how much I love this product. Black Ink is a must-have and Espresso Ink is nice if you want something a bit lighter.
2) Bobbi Brown EXTRA Balm Rinse.
This is one of my fav cleansers, its a balm formula so its good if you have dry skin. It has a citrus scent which I love! The pot is massive & it lasts ages, a little goes a long way. I just scoop a bit out with my finger and warm it between my fingers before I apply it to my face, it has a nice warming sensation too. At first I was a bit unsure because its a balm so I thought it would be a pain to wash off but once it touches water it turns white & soapy so its really easy to wash off. I think I've had this since July & its still not finished yet, I have another one in my stash too :p They have samples so pick one up & try it to see if you like it!
3) Bobbi Brown Instant Long Wear Makeup Remover.
This is an eye & lip makeup remover but I just use it for my eyes. I would not know how I would survive without this! I always use waterproof mascara because normal mascara doesn't hold the curl in my lashes & everyone knows what a pain it is to remove waterproof mascara but this is the only remover I've tried that actually does the job so easily! I use it with a cotton pad and it takes just one swipe to remove eyeshadow, eyeliner takes a couple & obviously its a bit longer for waterproof mascara but it will remove every single bit. I just ran out of my second bottle today so I had to use my Simple one which is total crap compared! It claims to remove waterproof mascara but it didn't at all, in the end my mascara was just flaking off rather than being removed and my eyes started hurting cus I was rubbing it so much, no difference than using water. This is extra gentle aswell, my eyes are super sensitive & this never irritates my eyes, its also suitable for contact lense wearers. The only thing is I do find that it runs out quickly but maybe its because I use it everyday? & its a little expensive for an eye makeup remover but it is worth it if you use waterproof eye makeup!
4) Amie Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisteriser.
This is my fav moisteriser, its made especially for young skin & it leaves your skin matte which is good if you have oily skin, its a nice base for your makeup too. I still prefer this over my expensive moisterisers because it absorbs into the skin quickly, smells nice and I like the packaging because its easy to use which is good because I'm lazy in the mornings. Its inexpensive too, only under a fiver! I normally just use this in the morning & I use something a little heavier at night. I think I'm on my 3rd bottle now? Love it!
5) Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
I use this everyday even when I'm not wearing eyeshadow because it helps my eyeliner last longer (I think lol) & it stops my lids from getting oily. Its transparent once its spread out & I think you can get a shimmery champagne coloured one too! I've been using it ever since I discovered it, I'm on like the 2nd or 3rd bottle now. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, its pretty but the product gets stuck in places you can't reach, even though they changed the wand which helps a bit but it would still be better in a tube or something!

Thats all for now. Let me know if you wanna see some more like fav foundations & stuff but I think this post is long enough for now. What are some of your fav products?



No comments:

Post a Comment