Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Camping :)

So for the Bank Holiday weekend I went camping again, just like last Bank Holiday in May, same people, different place. I wasn't gonna go this time because my driving test is coming up & I thought I'd have a driving lesson  but my instructor took the Monday off to go carnival so I decided to go kinda last min, managed to pack everything in time :) 

We went Sheerness this time, our family made our way straight after work on Saturday & it started to rain just as we got in the car, not a nice start but it did stop after a while and a Rainbow appeared, two actually! So pretty especially when you are on the motorway. On the way we had to go on a bridge which I believe is called the Sheppey Crossing, never been on a bridge like it, everyone in the car was just like wow & so amazed & excited except for my sis-in-law, bless her, she was literally frightened & near tears, she had her head down the whole time there & back. 

Anyway just over an hour later we arrived at Sheerness Holiday Park, wasn't a long drive at all because I managed to stay awake the whole time. When we got there our tent was already up because a few guys went earlier with the tents & put them up before everyone got there, 3 were up & they were putting up the last tent which took AGES, it kept going wrong lol. It got dark pretty quickly and I just spent the time pumping up everyone's air mattress' and we all just chilled for a bit before eating chicken congee before bed. I couldn't sleep the first night, it was freezing cold, I slept for about 2 hours?!

Got up around 6:30am on Sunday, spent the day taking the kids to the park, had a BBQ, napping, taking some of the kids to the arcade whilst the others went swimming, taking the kids to the funfair nearby and lazing around. At night we took the kids to the main area of the Holiday Park where the bar is & stuff like that because the kids wanted to go to the "disco" lol, its to packed in there at night, there was live music and all but the kids didn't even end up dancing around, they chose to play snooker instead lol. It was so nice at night, the sky was filled with stars, never seen so much in my life & that night there were 4 green glowy things circulating around in the sky, it was going on for ages and noone had any idea what it was, I made the kids believe it was aliens haha. There are a lot of rabbits there too but they only come out late at night when everyone is asleep, I only saw one during the day though because I didn't get out of the tent at night. They are so cuteee, first time I've ever seen a rabbit!

Monday morning I got up around 7am, I'm always the first to get up lol. But yeah didn't do much, we were planning to leave in the afternoon so everyone just packed up their tent & left the biggest tent up so we could sit in there. We planned to have a BBQ and then leave but around 12pm one of the workers there came & told us we was meant to be gone by 11am, apparently it was in the "welcome pack", noone even looked at that lol! But yeah it was okay because we just relocated to someone elses house & had the BBQ there instead. & yeah that was pretty much it, well all that I'm bothered to write about! I didn't take that many photos this time, I was too lazy to carry my camera around everywhere, just took a few random photos & the kids took some too.















I had a good time, its good fun especially for the kids & there was about 30 of us which was nice. Now I'm back in London & reality is stressing me out. I haven't had a good day at all but I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment