Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chanel Enthusiast

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have another non-Zoya Smoke manicure, Chanel Enthusiast, which is a bright red creme.  My impression is that it is an LE from a few years ago.  It was the pick of the day because I have something later for which I wanted to just go with red, and I was really drawn to this one when I went to select a shade.  It just seems like a very summery red to me, very vivid and cheerful.

Enthusiast, like Chanel Dragon (another wonderful red) is even and opaque in one coat, but the second coat makes it really glossy.  That doesn't show well in today's picture - it's so hot and humid out that my nails kept getting fogged up when I'd try to take a picture.  It's not awful here (I just kept cleaning off the fog between pics!), but the amazing shine of Enthusiast will be lost in my pictures until it cools off a little.  Here is Chanel Enthusiast about 12 hours after application.

Chanel Enthusiast
Chanel Enthusiast Nail Polish, Two Coats

So that's Enthusiast.  I Googled it to find the release date, but I got distracted before I arrived at that information by seeing it on Ebay for $70 and decided to address to matter of hunting for it instead.  It's a good red nail polish, but for me a $70 red is nonexistent, so if you like this one, my vote goes to calling Chanel to ask what current color is the closest match (their Beauty customer service is normally excellent).  The Chanel reds that I have are amazing, markedly nicer than any salon brands, and paying retail for them was bearable, but I'd feel kind of ripped off if I'd paid a nickel over retail for Enthusiast.  I'm on a mission to prevent a case of buyer's remorse here!

That's just about all there is today, Dear Reader, so until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment