Friday, July 22, 2011

Try My Two Tone

This mani, like yesterday's, came about when I just got too carried away trying to add a dash of whatever came to mind!

I knew I wanted to use scotch tape and a stamp design so I did the base colour and stamp and left it overnight to dry and to give me time to decide what to do. 'Blue' I thought, but when the blue was on it just looked too clunky so I thought I'd set myself the challenge of trying to line up the stamps to get a two-tone effect on my nails. Turns out I needn't have bothered because the pattern is irregular so you wouldn't even notice if it wasn't matched. I think I'll set myself the mission of trying it with a more uniform pattern to see if I can get it to match up.



Konad Plate: M57
Base Colour: Barbara Daly - Purplicious
Konad Colour: GOSH - Metallic Purple
Top Coat of NYC
To create the two tone look, I sectioned off the top part of my nail with scotch tape and painted on Barry M Cyan Blue. I removed this tape straight away and let the blue dry. Then I lined up more strips of tape with the blue polish and stamped over it with GOSH Metallic blue, attempting to line up the patterns and added another top coat.



How do you guys feel about me using larger pictures in my blog posts? All the pictures I post are click through's anyway so you can see a bigger version if the mood takes you, but I thought I would go bigger on the main page. Do you like it or do they just take up too much space?

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment