Friday, July 15, 2011

'I've had enough trouble for a lifetime' (Harry Potter Nail Art)

How could I not dedicate today's nails to Harry Potter?! I've read all the books and seen all the films so I, like many, will be sad to see the end of the series. I'm not actually sure when I will be seeing the film. I could go on Sunday but I don't like going to the cinema when it's really really busy so I'm tempted to even wait until next week! I know that conviction won't hold up for very long though!

Here's some trivia for you. J.K. Rowling grew up in the area that I live in. I even went to the same high school she did!


Thumb to Pinky: Deathly Hallows, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff.
I used Bundle Monster plate BM20 for the stripes.



When I was checking the house colours (I know them of course, but I wanted to check I was 100% right because it would have been super embarrassing if I used the wrong colours) I found an interesting article about the significance of the colours which you can read here.


Polishes used:
Deathly Hallows - Rimmel Black Satin, white acrylic paint
Houses: Base colour first, stamp colour second
Slytherin - BYS Fern, Collection 2000 Moonlight shine
Ravenclaw - Collection 2000 Unnamed Bronze, NYC Glossies 243B
Gryffindor - La Femme Cherry Red, Sally Hansen Chrome Amber
Hufflepuff - George@ Asda Buttercup Shine, W7 Black

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment